The best choice for
quality sober living in Dallas.
Learning to live in recovery takes patience and practice. A month or two in a treatment facility is often not enough time to prepare for a new life ahead. Without continuous structure, guidance and support, it is far too easy to slip back into the clutches of addiction.
At Arbor Park, we assist men transition to a life of sobriety and independence in a comfortable, caring and supportive environment. Our beautiful, spacious and well-furnished homes provide safe, secure and closely-supervised surroundings for those serious about achieving long-term sobriety. Through the guidance of our well-trained staff and the support of the greater sober living community our residents learn to navigate their new sober lives with the help of others who share their common goal of a life free from addiction.
Every staff member and every resident plays a role in the overall health and atmosphere of the house and in each other’s journey through recovery. Our residents support one another through their path to greater health, happiness and self-sufficiency. Our low resident-to-staff ratio ensures that the unique needs of every resident are addressed on an individualized basis.
Arbor Park is more than just a residence—it’s a caring and supportive community where everyone is committed to successful recovery and long-term sobriety. In contrast to the isolation which so often accompanies addiction, our residents work as a team and to care for and look out for one another. Our residents, led by our live-in house managers, gather as a community every morning and every evening and participate in group meetings and group activities as well. Our residents are encouraged to share with one another, and with the greater recovery and sober living community as well.
- Weekly Community Dinners allow residents and staff to jointly prepare meals and dine together in an informal environment.
- Community Service Projects allow residents to express gratitude for their good fortune and to “pay forward” the same level of kindness, compassion and acceptance they hope to receive from others as they move forward on the path to stable, long-term recovery.
- Recovery Community Events/Seminars allow residents to focus on important recovery issues and to experience fellowship with others in recovery.
- Group Recreation Events allow residents to experience the freedom, friendship and fun which they’ve been largely missing out on while struggling with addiction.
Arbor Park provides a comprehensive offering of programs to ensure that residents have the tools and the support necessary to succeed not only in recovery, but in life as well.
- Daily Morning Meditation helps residents set their minds on the right path (“free from self-pity and from dishonest and self seeking motives”) in order to approach each day with a positive and confident attitude and outlook on life.
- Individualized Recovery Coaching allows residents to confront and address personal issues and to accept personal responsibility for their actions in a setting designed to keep them on-track with their recovery.
- Life Skills Coaching allows residents to acquire the skills required to become self-reliant and self-sufficient, thereby acquiring the ability to live successfully, and soberly, after leaving the protective and supportive environment of Arbor Park.
- Daily Wrap-Up Sessions allow residents to reflect on their day, acknowledging their accomplishments and their struggles, and to remind themselves that recovery happens one day at a time.
Arbor Park offers each resident an unparalleled opportunity to restore mental, emotional and physical health in a beautiful, serene and comfortable environment. Our houses truly become “home”—a wonderful and supportive “community” of individuals sharing a common affliction, and a common goal.
- Our spacious modern homes are situated in a mature, quiet and tree-lined neighborhood and include rooms for group sessions, individual meetings and private reflection. Residents can congregate in the family rooms or meeting rooms or can enjoy quiet time alone in our beautiful and secluded backyards.
- Arbor Park is centrally located in Dallas, just minutes away from several 12-step AA and NA groups, IOP and counseling offerings and employment and educational opportunities.